Easter Morning 2007
The beautiful Resurrection Window, which has adorned the front (East wall) of Emmanuel since the 1920's, was removed in the spring of 2007 for extensive repairs and restoration. The window was returned to the East Wall in April 2008. Click here to see photos of the window's return.
According to Church records, this magnificent window was given in 1921 by John W. Craddock in memory of Elizabeth Carrington Gilmer and Peach Gilmer Craddock
window has the textured draped glass seen in many Tiffany windows, although the
studio which created the window is not known for sure. Some years ago, an
employee from the Tiffany Company who saw the windows indicated his belief that
they were made by Tiffany despite the absence of a Tiffany signature on the
Return to Home Page